The Asian Pacific 40+ ball is sold by a company in Hong Kong. I’ve never come across the Asian Pacific brand before so there’s a good chance that they only sell their products in Hong Kong.
If you aren’t particularly clued up when it comes to table tennis equipment you might not realise that the Asian Pacific 40+ 3-Star seamless ball is not manufactured directly by Asian Pacific. Instead, it is manufactured by Shanghai Minkow – the company that produce all of the seamless table tennis balls.
ASIAN PACIFIC 40+
That means that all seamless table tennis balls are identical, just with different brand logos printed on them. This Asian Pacific 40+ ball is the same as the popular Xushaofa 40+ seamless ball, and the Kingnik 40+ 3-Star (which is the in-house brand of Shanghai Minkow).
We haven’t managed to do a full video review of the Asian Pacific 40+ 3-Star table tennis ball yet – and I’m not sure we ever will. Instead, it is our intention to film a video comparing all five of the new plastic balls and giving our opinions on which is the best table tennis ball.
If you are looking for a review of the Asian Pacific 40+ ball, and as all of the seamless balls are exactly the same, we would advise you to have a look at our review of either the Xushaofa ball or the Kingnik ball. Everything we say about those balls will apply directly to the Asian Pacific 40+ ball.
BUY THE BALL
If you are looking for seamless balls, we recommend buying Minkow’s own-branded Kingnik 40+ balls. Unless other balls are on special offer, the Kingnik balls should always be the cheapest – as they come direct from the factory. You can buy Kingnik 40+ 3-star balls from;
- Tabletennis11.com: A pack of 6 balls costs €9.00 (€1.50 per ball)
- Megaspin.net (US): A pack of 6 balls costs $10.80 ($1.80 per ball)
- eBay.com: A pack of 6 balls costs $12.99 ($2.17 per ball)
- eBay.co.uk: A pack of 6 balls costs £4.95 (£0.83 per ball)
Or why not check out our favourite 40+ plastic ball, the Nittaku Premium!
- Tabletennis11.com: A pack of 3 balls costs €7.50 (€2.50 per ball)
- Megaspin.net (US): A pack of 6 balls costs $17.50 ($2.92 per ball)
- Amazon.com: A pack of 6 balls costs $19.99 ($3.33 per ball)
- Amazon.co.uk: A pack of 3 balls costs £6.98 (£2.33 per ball)
- eBay.com: A pack of 3 balls costs $7.49 ($2.50 per ball)
- eBay.co.uk: A pack of 3 balls costs £6.50 (£2.17 per ball)
You might be interested in reading Ben’s article The Best Table Tennis Balls, which is available on his Expert Table Tennis blog. And don’t forget to check out all of our other Table Tennis Ball Reviews as well.
Have you used the Asian Pacific 40+ ball yourself? What did you think of it? Please share your experiences and leave a review below in the comments.